How to Polish Dashboard Plastic Quickly and Easily?
Most of the time we are very much worried about the shine of the car interior. For the car interior, paying attention to the dashboard is very necessary. Over time the plastic on the dashboard loses the shine. To keep it shiny always you may follow some basic tips and tricks. So, to maintain the shine of your car dashboard here we collect information related to how to polish dashboard plastic quickly and easily.
Understanding The Importance Of Dashboard Plastics
Most of the time the dashboard of your car is constantly exposed by the sunlight or the UV rays. Due to this the shine and color of your dashboard damage. In the interior of the car the dashboard must be clean and shiny. Because a faded dashboard diminishes the overall appearance of the car interior. So, be smart and regularly polish your dashboard to keep it always shiny and bright. You can use all the shiny products of UE Autotechs at a budget cost to use it on a daily basis. Just spray, wipe and get a shiny dashboard in just a few minutes.
What Precaution You Must Take Before Polishing Dashboard?
Before beginning polishing on a dashboard keep a few things in your mind and prepare a dashboard for polishing. You can start it by removing dust from your dashboard. You can remove the dust by using the microfiber cloth or soft brush. This precaution may prevent the dashboard from the scratches and other harm.
Is Choosing a Right Polish Necessary For Dashboard Polishing?
To achieve a desired result for a shiny dashboard selecting an appropriate polish is necessary. Always keep in mind to choose a high quality dashboard polish that is specifically designed for a plastic car dashboard.
Avoid using abrasive polish and harsh products that contain alcohol. These harmful chemicals can cause harm and damage plastics. Before buying any of the products read manufacturer instructions and ensure that the product is suitable for your dashboard.
Step-by-Step Guide to Polish Dashboard Plastic
You must be aware of how to use polish dashboard plastic before buying any of the polish items. Here we conduct a list of step by step guides to polish dashboard plastics.
- Cleaning The Surface - Start by cleaning the surface of the dashboard with the help of microfiber cloth. Apply cleaner on a microfiber cloth and gently clean the surface and remove all dust and soil particles.
- Applying The Polish - Once the dashboard is clean and dry gently apply polish on to a clean and soft fabric. Rub the surface in a circular motion and make sure to apply the even material on a focus area on time.
- Buffing and Polishing - Once you clean the surface with the help of the polish let buff it with the slow hand gently. Done this lightly and keep it with soft cloth.
Additional Tips For A Shiny Dashboard
When you are polishing your plastic dashboard then keep a few points in mind. This will help you to enhance the shine of your car interior dashboard.
- Avoid the use of excessive polishing this will increase the greasiness on your dashboard rather than extra shine.
- To prevent the scratches you must use the soft and lint free cloths.
- For maintaining the cleanliness and shine, regularly clean your dashboard.
- You can also use a dashboard protector to prevent the shine of your interior car dashboard from the UV rays and future damage.
Common Mistakes To Avoid While Polishing Dashboard Plastic
While polishing the dashboard keep a few things in mind. These are the common mistakes you are making while polishing the car dashboard quickly.
- Avoid use of harsh chemicals that cause damage to your dashboard.
- Preventing the high pressure while polishing it leads to scratches.
- Make sure you first use the polish solution on a small area.
How Often Should I Polish My Dashboard?
You can polish your dashboard within every three to four months to keep it shiny and appealing all day.
Can I Use Regular Car Wax On My Plastic Dashboard?
No, Car wax is not recommended to use on a car dashboard for polish or shine. Because it may create a greasy appearance on the dashboard and may collect dust on it. So, using polish is a good decision to keep your dashboard shiny.
Can I Use a Household Cleaner On My Car Dashboard?
No, household cleaners are quite harsh in nature and may cause damage to your dashboard and car plastic. Instead of it use a mild interior cleaner or product specially designed for the automotive surfaces.
How Long Does The Polish Last On Dashboard?
The longevity of the polish of your dashboard depends on the multiple factors such as:-
- Exposure to sunlight
- Cleaning habits
- Quality Of the Polish
Generally the polish lasts for 4-5 months before needing to be reapplied.